Sunday, April 27, 2014

The reviews are coming! And a Pumpkin Sausage Cornbread recipe too!

Are you folks ready?  Are you?

I know this blog isn't too busy, but I'm about to change all that.

I love collecting recipes, and I both admire and respect the bloggers who find and make those awesome recipes, and take the pics for their blogs.

But that's just not me.  I don't do that.  In the end sum of it, I'm a writer who can cook and loves recipes.  But I think I've finally found my niche in the food and cooking blogging world.

*** Cookbook reviews ***

ebooks to be more specific.  I have a kindle paperwhite, and amazon account, and a kindle for pc app, plus I can easily do pdfs as well.  I have a ton of free cookbooks that I've snagged off of Amazon, and I'm going to start reviewing them here in my blog.

So here's my opening cookbook review lineup:

Mastering Indo-Pak Cooking:  A must-have guide for every kitchen by Asim Iftikhar

The Sriracha Vegan Cookbook: 36 Sriracha Hot Sauce Recipes by Martha Drummond

So be looking for those.  In the meantime, I'll close with a recipe from an author friend of mine, Kris Austen Radcliffe.

Pumpkin sausage cornbread


1 package of Bob's Red Mill gluten-free cornbread mix
1 14oz can pumpkin
1-2 spicy sausages, your choice (we used Kentucky Bourbon)
1/2-1 tablespoon red pepper flakes

Follow the package directions, except substitute the pumpkin for the oil.  Bake in a preheated 12" cast iron skillet.  Make sure to generously grease with butter.

Pumpkin cornbread with Kentucky Bourbon Sausage, served with chicken and green beans for dinner and with poached eggs for breakfast.

Her hubby, Peter M Radcliffe says -- The breakfast was poaching eggs and wilting a little spinach, then plopping it on top of the cornbread. About as easy as it gets.

No comments:

Post a Comment