Monday, March 12, 2018

Tomato gravy, and going through recipes

I've embarked on a rather adventurous project - that of going through my index card boxes of recipes and putting them into my computer. I've decided to sort through them, keep the ones I want, and discard the rest; thus freeing the index card boxes up for other uses. 

My first step is to google the recipe title and check if I can find it online. If I can, through the chrome browser, I can choose to print it and save it as a pdf. If not, then I am typing it in as a word file. 

This will not be a simple project as I have about 3 boxes full of cards to go through. But so far, I'm enjoying it. And here's one of the first ones I typed in, a recipe for tomato gravy. 

Tomato gravy

2 T. butter or margarine
2 T. minced shallots
1 - 14-1/2 ounce can of diced tomatoes, undrained
1/2 cup whipping cream
1 t. chicken bouillon granules
1/2 t. sugar
1/4 t. pepper

Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat; add shallots, and sauté until tender. Stir in tomatoes; bring to boil. Reduce heat; simmer, stirring constantly, 2-3 minutes. Stir in whipping cream and remaining ingredients; simmer, stirring often, 3 minutes or until thickened. Serve with pasta, potatoes, or veal. Yield: 2 cups. Prep: 5 minutes. Cook: 5 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment