Monday, November 13, 2017

A holiday classic - Mama's pecan pie

Mama, Daddy, and me,
high school graduation
One thing that was a holiday classic for me growing up, was Mama's pecan pies. She always made 2, because one would have never been enough.

You know how a cook will have some signature dishes? Well, my mama had hers, and her pecan pies were one of them.

During this holiday season, here in the blog, I'd like to share some of my holiday favorite recipes with you all; and I thought that there was no better place to start than my mama's pecan pie.

So, without further adieu, on to the recipe:

Freda's Pecan Pie

3 eggs
1/2 c. brown sugar
4 T. melted margarine
1 c. dark corn syrup
1 t. vanilla
1/8 t. salt
1 c. pecans, chopped
1 - 9 inch pie shell, unbaked

Beat eggs and add sugar gradually.  Mix in remaining ingredients.  Pour into pie shell and bake at 375 degrees for 45-50 minutes.